Fox Robotics Internship Programme
Our objective is to allow interns to gain working experience
(UK based only candidates located in the UK with right to work on UK)
Robotic Software Engineer – Internship
Reports to: Senior robotic engineer
Start date:November 2020
Job Type: 12 months internship
Opportunity to become a permanent employee and have a salary increase.
Fox Robotics Ltd is looking for a passionate, talented and dedicated individual to succeed in the field of robotic software development.
The role of the robotic software engineer will be to assist the senior robotic engineer on the development of software for our robot and collaborate with the web application and AI developers across the software development life-cycle.
The role will include occasionally working with the electronics engineer on the hardware and software of embedded systems.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a new start-up company where the right candidate will play a pivotal role in the development of our first product and the introduction of new technologies into the market.
You will need to have understanding of algorithms, C++, ROS and Linux systems; and you’ll need to readily make decisions relating to algorithm development, implementation, and practical utility.
- ROS (Robotic Operating System)
- Computer Vision
- Proficiency with Linux (Ubuntu)
- Embedded programming (Arduino)
- Software automation such as Git and Jenkins
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Great attitude towards learning, team work and self-improvement
- Enthusiastic about research and robots
What We Offer
- 25 days holidays in addition to English bank holidays
- StatutoryPension scheme
- Regular team building events
- Constant in-job learning opportunities
- Companionable working environment